- YOUR HOME. YOUR WATER. YOUR HEALTH.
- 3 REASONS TO LAB TEST YOUR TAP WATER
Drinking water contamination from old piping, nearby agriculture or industry, or other sources may be exposing you to harmful chemicals that you cannot see, taste, or smell. Public Municipalities may test your source water, but your water may be affected by contaminates collected on its way to your water glass. For those with private wells, springs and aquifers can also be contaminated and allow dangerous contaminants to flow into your water source.
Due North partners with Tap Score to bring you the industry’s best water quality tests. Our tests are tailored for home buyers and sellers to obtain dependable results including a Water Report Card and Health Risk Assessment, quickly and effortlessly.
- Lead Contamination | Just an inch of old plumbing can cause long term brain damage, especially in children (EPA).
- Arsenic is Tasteless | 20% of untreated drinking water in the USA contains cancer-causing arsenic (USGS).
- Coliforms & E. Coli | The presence of coliforms and e. coli in your water supply indicates recent fecal contamination and the possible presence of disease-causing pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites. (MN DoH; Private Water Supply Only)
VARIETY OF TESTING OPTIONS
There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all water quality test, so we offer a variety testing options depending on your water source and needs. Our ‘Baseline’ Water Quality Tests provide certified results that will meet the minimum requirement for VA / FHA and other home loans across the USA.
- PRIVATE WATER SOURCE (WELL)
- PUBLIC WATER SOURCE
- EACH REPORT INCLUDES:
Well Water Baseline Water Quality Test | Recommended as an important baseline for water quality testing in any home served by a private well or spring.
- Metals Analyzed: Arsenic, Lead
- Microbiology: E. Coli, Total Coliform
- Non-Metal Inorganics: Nitrate (as N), Nitrite (as N)
Coliform & E. coli Water Quality Test | This is a microbiology water quality test for homes served by private wells or springs testing exclusively for E. coli and Coliform.
- Microbiology: E. coli, Total Coliform
City Water Baseline Water Quality Test | Recommended as a baseline for water quality testing in any home served by a public water utility.
- Metals Analyzed: Arsenic, Copper, Iron, Lead, Nickel, Uranium, Zinc
- Non-Metal Inorganics: Fluoride, Total Dissolved Solids, pH
Lead & Copper Water Quality Test | This heavy metal water quality test for homes served by a public water utility testing exclusively for Copper, Lead, and pH.
- Metals Analyzed: Copper, Lead
- Non-Metal Inorganics: pH
- In-Depth Analysis from Certified Laboratories presented in an easy-to-understand report.
- Water Report Card – a condensed results summary that allows you to quickly gauge the potential health risk coming from the contaminants found in your water sample.
- Detailed Health Risk Assessment for every contaminant found in your water supply.
- Unbiased, Custom Treatment Recommendations designed to help you reduce and remediate your contamination risks in an informed manner.
View a Sample Report HERE.
WATER QUALITY TESTING CAN BE ADDED TO ANY HOME INSPECTION
Due North's Water Quality Testing services are designed specifically for real estate transactions. Our water quality samples are sent via UPS Next Day Air to certified laboratories and are analyzed with priority in order to provide complete results in 3-days or less (once received).